COVID-19 : le deuxième match Yankees-Phillies est aussi remis

Baseball: - 28-07-20

(Philadelphia) The Philadelphia Phillies game against the New York Yankees on Tuesday night was postponed for the second day in a row amid coronavirus concerns following the outbreak involving the Miami Marlins.

Phillies manager Joe Girardi confirmed the decision in an interview with MLB Network Radio.


“My fear is still there. If one person has it, there are probably others, ”said Joe Girardi, pictured above at Phillies training camp in Clearwater, Fla. On February 12, 2020, on Tuesday.

The Phillies were scheduled to undergo a second round of testing for COVID-19 on Tuesday following several reported cases among the Marlins, who played a round last weekend in Philadelphia.

The fact that we don't have a positive case yet is great, but the stakes are too high when it comes to the players and their health and that of their families. There are guys who have young children at home or pregnant women or a high risk parent. There are too many risks here not to say: 'we have to take a step back for two days and make sure everything is done correctly'.

Phillies manager Joe Girardi.

“I think what baseball is doing is wise; then we will adjust. We have a few players who probably had some trepidation (to play against the Marlins) on Sunday because there is close contact. "


Joe Girardi before the pre-season game on July 20 at Yankees Stadium between the Phillies and the New York Yankees.

The Yankees spent the day Monday at a Philadelphia hotel after Game 1 of the series was postponed. They were back in New York on Tuesday and are scheduled to host the Phillies on Wednesday and Thursday.


The Phillies are expected to take the bus to New York on Wednesday, awaiting the results of their latest COVID-19 tests.

My fear is still there. If one person has it, there are probably others. I don't know if any of us thought there would be, I think there are so far 17, 15 players, it's terrible for the Marlins.

Phillies manager Joe Girardi.

“There were some anxious moments for me today, not knowing what results I would get for my team. I think it's really wise to wait another day just because the incubation period is 2-14 days and I know we can't wait 14 days ”(continuing to play), said Girardi.

“But I think we have to be very sane about it and, after thinking about it, I think it could happen more than once with a team. If everyone isn't playing 60 games, I think that's okay. We want to make it to the playoffs. This is the important thing. If a team is playing 57 games, just use the winning percentage to select which teams will make the playoffs. "